Monday, November 5, 2007

Overview of Chlamydia trachomatis and the Disease.


The Chlamydia is a Bacterial; from the chlamydia trachomatis strain which lives in vaginal fluid and semen. It can transmit mainly through vaginal and anal sex; although it is much less common, it can also be passed on via oral sex and hand to eye contact.
Antibiotics are used to cure the infection. The most common ones include Doxycycline, Erythromycin, Tetracycline, Zithromycin, Ciproflaxacin and Floxacin. Depending on the type you are prescribed, the course of treatment can last from one to seven days. To ensure proper treatment, make sure you finish all your medication and refrain from having sex until your have finished treatment and tests have shown the infection to be gone. It is important to be treated as soon as possible. While the infection can be cleared up, any damage it may have done prior to treatment cannot be undone.f left untreated, the infection can move further into the body. In women, chlamydia can affect the cervix, fallopian tubes and urine canal and can lead to pelvic inflammtory disease (PID). PID can increase your risk of an ectopic preganancy, infertility and chronic pelvic pain. Men who postpone seeking treatment may find themselves with a case of epididymitis, an inflammation of the epididymus in the testicles, which can lead to sterility. The bacteria can also cause irritation and bleeding in the rectum, cause an infection of the eye and lead to an infection of the throat if chlamydia transmission occurred through oral sex. 

Consequences in Infants
Chlamydia in women during pregnancy can cause bleeding before delivery as well as premature labor. During childbirth, it can lead to the infant being exposed to the bacteria in the birth canal. This can lead to an eye infection that develops within 10 days of birth. Symptoms of the infection include discharge and swollen eyelids; complications of the infection include blindness. It is also possible for the infant to develop chlamydia pneumonia, which develops three to six weeks after birth. Symptoms of chlamydia pneumonia include congestion and a cough that worsens. Chlamydia may also be linked to an increased risk of miscarriage, stillbirth and low birth weight. 


Risk Factors
People who have multiple sex partners, or whose partners have multiple sex partners; who do not use condoms during vaginal, anal or oral sex; have a history of sexually transmitted diseases; and are under the age of 25 are at an increased risk of being infected with chlamydia. Additionally, according to some studies, women who use the birth control pill may have an increased risk of chlamydia. However, their risk of developing PID is lower. 


Prevention
The best way to avoid being infected with chlamydia is to abstain from vaginal, anal and oral sex or to be involved in a long-term, monogamous relationship with someone who has been tested free of any STDs. You can reduce your risk by correctly using latex condoms every time you have sex, although this will not completely eliminate the risk of infection. Additionally, all people, especially women, under the age of 25 should go for yearly chlamydia testing. Pregnant women should also be tested for chlamydia. 


Research
Researchers are currently working on developing a vaccine for chlamydia as well as better diagnostic and treatment measures. There is also some exploration into the possibility of a topical microbicide that is applied to the vagina, which would help prevent transmission of chlamydia.
Chlamydia Trachomatis can cause the following conditions:
  • Cervicitis
  • Conjunctivitis
  • Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome
  • Lynphogranuloma venereum
  • Pelvic inflammatory disease
  • Pneumonia in infants
  • Reactive arthritis
  • Urethritis
  • Rectal infection / proctitis
  • Prostatitis

19 comments:

Group of Youth Researcher said...

In order for you to make sure that you will using the right medicine for you.. Just visit http://chlamydiasymptoms.blogspot.com/2007/11/chlamydia-symptoms-treatment.html it will give all the list of medicine available that is effective but affordable.

Secure your health!

john said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
john said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
john said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Muhammad Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Imran said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Isabella Kaun said...

I really liked your article.

http://www.angelslimoservice.com

mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sexyladyme26 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bella said...

Chlamydial Infection is one of the most common std, I has suffer the infection for couple of years taking the treatment to get healthy, after much research online I found a website recommend natural treatments to eliminate the infection and i also applied the treatment after one week the symptoms went away and stop inching, up to three weeks I got cured with the natural treatment from Dr galiga natural cure, every chlamydial patient should be aware of this treatment and get ride to your infection. Email drgaligaherbalcenter@gmail.com his webs page
?Htt:p//drgaligaherbalcent.wix.com/naturalcure

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

There is effective Urethritis Natural Treatment, which are also used to cure a urinary tract contamination.

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Among “alternative,”  Natural Treatment for Urethritis , a well-known aid in preventing UTIs in women is drinking unsweetened cranberry juice, which appear to have the effect of dropping the bacteria’s adhesion to bladder cells.

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

While medications are definitely helpful at fighting an infection but various people prefer more natural remedies. Let’s look at how to cure urethritis naturally. Here are some of the best  Natural Remedies for Urethritis .

Joyce Hillary said...

Hello everyone, i'm Linda Harry from United State i was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease  for over 6 years which made me loose my job and my relationship with my Fiance after he discovered that i was having Parkinson, he departed from me, and i tried all my best to make him stays, but he neglected me until a friend of mine  from UK told me Great healer, who will restore my life back with his powerful healing herbal medicine. then he  sent me his email address to contact him- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and i quickly contacted him, and he said my condition can be solved, that he will treat the disease immediately only if i can accept trust on him and accept his terms and condition, i Agreed because i was so much in need of help by all means, so i did all he instructed me to do. And surprisingly after two weeks, He sent me a text, that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now ( PARKINSON NEGATIVE) my eyes filled with tears and joy, crying heavily because truly the disease deprived me of many things from my life, This is a Miracle, dr imoloa also uses his powerful herbal medicine to cure the following diseases:  lupus disease,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,   back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,   Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,   Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms, chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,     Cystic Fibrosis,   Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease,  impotence,  feta alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, bone cancer, lung cancer. contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and also on whatssap- +2347081986098

Angela Alex said...

Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for permanent treatment.I'm here to appreciate Dr James for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it have really really been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause I have been taking several drugs to be cure but all of my effort was in vain, one morning was Surfing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr James curing people from herpes virus / HIV AIDS and Immediately I contacted Dr James on his email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. I told him about my troubles and he told me that I must be cured. He gave me instructions and which I rightly followed, so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which I used for three weeks and I was cured. everything was like a dream to me and my herpes was permanently gone. Dr James thank you and may you have more power and wisdom for more cure, I don't know if there is anyone out there suffering for herpes virus or any KIND OF diseases LIKE... DIABETES, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HEPATITIS A&B, CARDIAC DISEASES, CHRONIC DISEASES, YELLOW FEVER, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASES, ACME, BACK PAIN, DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, APOLLO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL DISCHARGING, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS itchy' contact.Doctor James and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest herbalist doctor, he is also known as the godfather of herbal root. Contact him now via his email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com whatsapp or call him on +2348152855846

Sarah Morgan said...

I want every herpes patient to please read my testimony, my name is SARAH MORGAN and I am from California in the USA, I contracted genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms. I have had it for 4 months now., and it has affected my life. I have told my boyfriends who I trusted about it and I have never had a bad reaction, it has affected my new relationships with Smith and people think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how I get rid of my herpes and I was reading a comment on the internet,and I saw a testimony posted by a woman from Germany that she get rid of her herpes with the help of DR AHKIGBE and so I was so happy when I saw that post, that his herbal medication is free and I quickly collected the herbal doctor email and I email him within 3 hr he respond to my email and I explain things to him he told me not to worry that he is going to cure me totally with his herbal medicine he only request for little money that he will use to buy the items for the preparation of the herbal medicine, wish I send to him because the pain was too much for me to bear and after some days he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine, that I should send him my address that he want to sent it to me via DHL or FED-EX that was how I got the herbal medication and I use it as I was told and after few days I found out that my herpes was no more, i went to hospital for confirmation and it was true really that was how i got my cured. DR AKHIGBE also cure other deadly diseases like,  HIV/AIDS, HERPES, DIABETES,CANCER, ALS, ASTHMA, WEAK BODY,  HEPATITIS A&B, DENGUE FEVER, RABIES, MARBURG  DISEASE, THYROID, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS ,LUPUS, EPILEPSY, CHRONIC DISEASE, DICK AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, BACTERIAL DIARRHEA HEART DISEASE., JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN,  DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, POLIO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL  DISCHARGE,  TUBERCULOSIS, ALZHEIMER , PENIS ENLARGEMENT, PARKINSON'S, to get your rid kindly via his email:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    contact his number:  +2349010754824           website:  https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com       you can still write me on Instagram to get more information. on Sarah Morgan 06.

Joyce Hillary said...

All thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me from (LUPUS DISEASE) his name is dr imoloa.  I suffered lupus disease for over 8 years with pains like: joints, Skin rash,  Pain in the chest,  swollen joints and many more.  The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t cure me, until I read about his recommendation. 2 months ago, I contacted him through his email address. drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . and he sent me the herbal treatment through DHL courier service and he instructed me on how to drink it for good two weeks. after then,  And I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his powerful herbal medications You too can be cured with it if interested, he also uses his powerful herbal healing medicine to cure disease like: parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,  Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,  Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms,  chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,  Cystic  Fibrosis,  Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, back pain,  impotence,  feta  alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, skin cancer,  tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel  disease, bone cancer, lungs cancer,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,  back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's  Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal  nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major  Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's  Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular  Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease      Contacts him today  and get permanently cure. contact him via... email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com  /whatssapp-+2347081986098.
website-www drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com